The purpose of the Manager – Materials Management is to liaise between the Logistics, Overlay and Procurement functions to support with the internal validation of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) requirements across Expo 2020 Functions and to ensure that the correct materials are received, tracked, distributed and incorporated into a legacy strategy. In addition, asset management of non-Expo 2020 assets that will touch the Logistics supply chain, e.g. for International Participants and Official Partners.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Build and integrate the FF&E Load in/Load out timeline across Expo 2020 Function operations and external stakeholder operations;
- In collaboration with Overlay and Procurement, establish working relationships with personnel from major suppliers in order to maximize efficiency in the receipt, tracking and delivery of FFE along with the dissolution strategy;
- Pro-actively champion the Materials Management work stream, Logistics Function, and Event Operations Department to the different stakeholders;
- Manage with development of the Material Logistics database and Materials item catalogue;
- Manage the maintenance of a material inventory database, including part numbers, descriptions, commodity codes and estimated costs for all items to be purchased and/or leased;
- Migrate the material inventory database to the Expo 2020 Warehouse Management System (WMS);
- Maintain the core data on the WMS to ensure it is correct, supporting the Warehouse team in inventory and stock checks, and providing the WMS administrators the relevant training on the system;
- Monitor detailed shipping and ground transportation schedules for purchased FF&E from suppliers to point of delivery;
- Monitor or track venue and commodity specific inventory levels to ensure that the needs of all Expo 2020 functions are met during event operations;
- In collaboration with the Logistics Warehouse, Venue Logistics and Distribution staff, assist in coordinating and receiving shipments in and out of the Expo 2020 Warehouses and Expo 2020 related venues and spaces;
- Manage additional FF&E requirements and re-supply that may be required during the Event period.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|