The purpose of ‘Warehousing manager’ will be to support the Senior Warehousing Manager to ensure that Expo 2020 warehouse(s) or sub-contracted warehouse(s) are operated according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for Expo operations. The purpose of ‘Warehousing manager’ will be to support the Senior Warehousing Manager to ensure that Expo 2020 warehouse(s) or sub-contracted warehouse(s) are operated according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for Expo operations. The Warehousing Manager will be accountable for ensuring coordination of receipt and dispatch of all materials and equipment, storage, inventory control and packaging for distribution at the various warehousing and storage locations. Materials for the Event will be stored at locations both on- and off-site.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- To support the Senior Warehousing Manager within the Event Operations Logistics Function, to ensure that material and equipment for Expo 2020 and all key stakeholders are stored at locations according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for event operations;
- Manage multiple warehouse sites across Dubai;
- Lead on the development of a Warehouse Management System (WMS) to proactively manage, monitor and account for all assets within the warehouses and plan for inbound/outbound shipments;
- Monitoring the Distribution Team’s detailed shipping and ground transportation schedules to ensure that dispatch from the warehouses are conducted in a timely and cost efficient manner;
- Monitor and track venue and commodity specific inventory levels to ensure that the needs of all Expo 2020 functions will be met pre- and during the event;
- Day-to-day liaison with the Expo 2020 Official Logistics Partner;
- Via training and communication, develop tools, briefings training and engagement opportunities to communicate the Warehousing Operations to the other Logistics workstreams, as well as relatable material to external stakeholders, including consultants, advisors and participants, to ensure all operate in compliance with Corporate and International procedures and standards;
- Provide advice, consultation and updates to different departments and participants as well as suppliers and other external stakeholders in their efforts to integrate the Expo 2020 Warehousing policies;
- Ensure continual and up to date adherence to policies and procedures and frameworks;
- Provide timely (i.e. daily, weekly and cumulative) reporting;
- In collaboration with the Logistics Materials Management workstream, assist in coordinating and receiving shipments in and out of the Expo 2020 Logistics Warehouses, ensuring that this is done efficiently so that all relevant systems (e.g. WMS and SAP) are up to date, as well as the distribution of accurate information to Procurement and Finance for billing purposes;
- Assist with the planning and execution of the post-Expo 2020 recovery of all assets and ensure compliance with re-export procedures at the conclusion of the Expo, ensuring that processes are developed and are clearly communicated to all parties so that they are compliant with exporting and re-export procedures during, and at the end of, the Expo 2020 event.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|